Cones of stuff I won’t be using and I don’t know how many yards are on each. An estate find sent my direction to sell. $10 + shipping (each) for the yellow and light pink cones. $8 + shipping for the pink rose (smallest) cone.
Here’s what I know for now:
According to our bathroom scale (I’m not sure how accurate this is, but it’s a ball park at least), the yellow one weighs around 3.5 to 4.5 pounds, the medium sized cone is around 2 pounds and the smaller cone is about 1.5 pounds. The yellow cone is 8 inches wide at the bottom, 6 inches wide at the top, 7 inches high and hefty. These are estate finds and the outer thread layer appears worn or slightly dusty from sitting on a shelf. I’d take that top outer layer off before using.
As far as yarn weights:
It’s probably difficult to see the labels well enough to read in the photos. The light pink and rose are both 20/2, marl rayon/cotton blend and are from Phoenix Dye Works in Cleveland, OH. These blends seem obviously 1 ply being the cotton and 1 ply being the rayon, with the rayon twist providing a bit of sheen.
The yellow is 10/1, 60% cotton, 20% acrylic, 20% viscose, from Hohenberg Co. and made in Italy. Soft and squishy on the cone.
Also, see the close up photos for the best representation of the colors. The official colors are “yellow,” “light pink,” and “pink.” The yellow is an ice yellow, not a golden yellow. The light pink is baby pink and the “pink” is more what I’d call a more of a rose, but not too dusty in color. I know the rose cone looks a little salmon, but that’s the camera, not the actual color.
Within the US, I can ship in a flat-rate box for $10.95. I’ll find out exact postal weights and shipping and update this post.
UPDATE: OK, here are the official USPS postal rates.
- Yellow alone: just under 4 pounds with box – $10.66 parcel post; $14.35 priority
- Lt. Pink alone: 2.5 pounds with box – $9.27 parcel or $11.15 priority
- Rose alone: 1.5 pounds with box – $7.62 parcel and $9.15 priority
- all three: 8 pounds – $13.76 parcel and $21.75 regular priority or I may be able to split into two shipments for less at flat rate. Problem is size of the boxes.
- OK, I went back to the post office again. For the yellow cone combined with the smallest pink rose colored cone, domestic (inside the US shipping) is $17.50 regular priority and $12.37 for parcel post.
- Also, I found an error in the info above for shipping all three cones, which I’ve now corrected.
- I cannot ship the yellow cone in any flat rate priority box – it’s just too big to fit.
- Yellow alone – $15.79 1st class; $35.50 flat rate priority (there is no international parcel post anymore)
- Lt. Pink alone – $10.89 1st class; $35.50 flat rate priority
- Rose alone – $6.97 1st class; $35.50 flat rate priority
- All three – $32.35 1st class; $35.50 flat rate priority (includes insurance for free)